<READING TIME: 3m54s>
I’m giving you permission to dream bigger.
For so many of us, we stop dreaming big (or dreaming at all) because we think if we don’t achieve the goal we will feel inadequate.
Or we think others will think poorly of us and we will feel shame or disappointment.
So essentially we fail in advance because we don’t want to feel bad.
And then we live the rest of our lives feeling bad anyway because we haven’t achieved our dreams.
But it doesn’t have to be that way.
There are three other options I’d like you to consider:
Dream big and if you don’t reach your timeline then be ok with that result, without choosing to feel inadequate, shame or disappointed. We create those negative feelings for ourselves by what we make that “failure” mean. For instance, if you choose to make it mean that “I’m a failure” or “I’m not good enough” of course you’ll feel inadequate. But those thoughts are optional. What if instead you chose to believe that every failure was a sign that “you’re on the right track”? That it’s “all a learning opportunity”, that you’re “one more failure closer to success”.
Dream big and if you don’t reach your timeline and you do feel feelings of inadequacy, shame and disappointment then be ok knowing that you can handle those feelings. They are just feelings. They do not pose any real threat to you. And they will pass like any feeling if you are willing to let them be there. Often our brain makes those kinds of feelings seem like we are going to die. But logically, these emotions are ok and you can process through them.
Dream big and if you don’t reach your timeline then push out the timeline. What’s the rush anyway? So often we’re in a rush to get to the result we want, but it’s the rush and the pressure that inevitably causes us to fail or quit altogether. And when we rush, we forget the fun and enjoyment we can have on the journey to achieving our dreams.
Don’t stop yourself from dreaming big.
Goals and dreams are great opportunities to build your relationship with yourself, manage your mind, process emotions and grow.
And the bigger the goal, the more opportunity for growth.
So if you’ve been thinking small, here’s your permission to dream bigger!
- Take 10 minutes today to ask yourself “what big goals or dreams would I like to achieve?” and “What big goals and dreams have I been putting off because I fear how I will feel if I fail?”
- Don’t stop yourself from dreaming, just let whatever comes into your mind be there
- Write down your dreams and goals on a piece of paper, notebook or digital file
- From there circle 1-3 goals and dreams that would have the most impact on your life right now
- Break your big dream into smaller achievable and believable mini-goals
- COACHING: If you would like to discuss these bigger goals and dreams (and how to achieve them) then just book a free consultation with me here.